Parents, Peaceful Kids
by Naomi Drew
Practical Ways to Create a Calm and Happy Home
What can you do to help your children cope with
stress? How can you give them the skills for talking over
problems, instead of fighting about them? Where can you find
time to help your kids be less volatile, more cooperative,
In Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids, Naomi Drew brings the
same revolutionary action plan she developed for the classroom
to parents everywhere. Illustrated by concrete situations,
hands-on examples, and testimonials from real-life parents,
this must-read guide gives you techniques that include:
- How to create a “put-down-free zone” and stop
- An “on-the-spot” tool to reclaim calmness
instantly, any time any place!
- Kids’ favorite ways for cooling off and reducing
upset and anger
- Active listening-five simple principles that foster understanding
and self esteem.
- Resolving conflicts-six steps for turning tears and frustration
into win/win outcomes.
- And much more!
“Gives us a means to achieve a peaceful family”
--Eileen Zweig, co-author of Operation Bookworm
“Necessary…provides parents with great tools”
—Anita Arnold, M.S.W. Family Therapist
Softcover / 272 pages / Dimensions: 0.81” x 9.14”
BOK-218 Peaceful Parents, Peaceful Kids…$14.00